March 8, 2019
We are entering the last week before Spring Break! We have some very fun things planned for the Second Graders in the coming week that will definitely keep them all interested and engaged!
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED
- We are so excited to celebrate our Westward Expansion unit with Pioneer Day on March 15 from 8:05 - 10:00. Parents are welcome to join in the fun! Thank you to everyone who has donated items so far! They are much appreciated!
- Please sign up here to volunteer the day of the party. All parents are welcome!
- Please sign up here to donate supplies. All food must be nut free.
- Next Wednesday, March 13th is our field trip to the Western Museum of Mining and Industry.
- Please remember to send your child to school with a disposable, nut-free lunch and a water bottle.
- If you have not already done so, please be sure register your student for the field trip located on the School Store as soon as possible.
- Students are enjoying discovering how simple machine make work easier! Throughout the unit we will study the wheel and axle, pulley, lever, wedge, screw, and inclined plane.
- Leprechaun Trap Projects are due next Friday, March 15th! Your child should have brought home an information page explaining the details of the project this past week.Please have your child bring the finished project to school in the morning next Friday. Each student will present their trap to their homeroom class at the end of the day.
Please visit the respective links below to see what your child is experiencing in specials programming!
- Start Making Plans for Summer Camp - registration is now open!
- We hope your kids can join us for one or more of the fun camps hosted by American Academy teachers and staff. There are many great options, and some camps even start the first week of summer break.
- For more details and information about current summer camp offerings, visit the American Academy Summer Camp page (info is on the main website, under quicklinks >> parents >> summer camps)
- Please note: ANY American Academy student can attend ANY of the summer camps listed, regardless of where the camp is being held. i.e. If your CP student wants to attend a camp being held at LM, simply log into your school store account but click on the other campus school store; all their camps will be listed under the Summer Camps tab. If you have questions, please email Catrina Phillips.