May 17, 2018
Wow! We are in disbelief that we only have one week left! This year has been so much fun and we have enjoyed every minute with our incredible students! Thank you to you amazing parents for sharing your joys with us!
- Parents, we would like to send you a warm welcome to attend our end of the year ceremony! On the last day of school, May 24, we will be hosting a picnic lunch followed by an award ceremony. Please join us at 11:05 on the front lawn to reflect on the amazing year!
- On Tuesday May 22, please send your student to school with a pillow case or large garbage bag. We will be sending all of student supplies home.
- We have added a new resource to our webpage! This workbook is a great resource to use for math and literacy review. You can find this workbook linked on the right side of the Second Grade homepage.
Top Hogs In School Field Trip
- Shhhhh....it's a surprise! To wrap up our Charlotte's Web Literacy unit we have invited a group called "Top Hogs" to come to the school. On May 18th, they will be bringing several pigs that are able to perform some unusual tricks! This is always a very memorable day! Please visit the school store to register your child for this event. School Store
- The students are loving the ABC countdown! Thank you for your support at home in helping your child prepare each day! This has been a very fun way to countdown to the last day of school.
- We are wrapping up history with a short unit about Modern Japan. Your child's homeroom teacher will continue teaching them history for this unit.
- IMPORTANT: Please send your student to school lathered in sunscreen and wearing tennis shoes. We will be having a fun, hot, active day!
- The year is coming to an end which means Field Day is just around the corner. This year’s Field Day is on May 23, and it is different than any other Field Day Motsenbocker has had before. It is an all-day event. It includes a relay station, water games station, track and field station, playground station, art and crafts station, and an imagination station. Aside from the stations students will also receive a Popsicle from the PTO. Highlights of Field Day include a water balloon toss, washable tattoos, face painting, and temporary hairspray paint. If you have specific questions regarding these events please contact Ms. Matthews. (email@example.com).
- Running a successful field day requires a lot of planning and help from VOLUNTEERS. If you would like to help by donating supplies for this year's Field Day click here, if you would like to help by volunteering and running an activity for part of the day click here. We appreciate all of YOUR help to make this event a successful event for all students at American Academy.
- Our character trait for this month is perseverance!
Thank you on behalf of the Second Grade Team!